Durlon® RTJ gaskets are precision machined from solid metal and are designed for high pressure and high temperature services. They seal by creating very high unit load, metal-to-metal line contact with special mating flanges. Metals are typically chosen such that the ring joint gasket is softer than the flange material in order to prevent damage to the flanges and thereby causing plastic flow of the gasket into the flange faces. The design of the gasket or cross section is chosen based on the existing flange configuration and designed maximum system pressure. Gasket and flange surface finishes and dimensional accuracy along with gasket hardness must be carefully controlled in order to obtain and maintain an effective seal.
- All gaskets are completely identified with low-stress permanent markings indicating style, ring number, material and applicable standard
- All gaskets fully comply with the ASME B16.20 standard and the API spec 6A (where applicable)
- All materials are fully traceable and documentation can be supplied upon request
- Material hardness is carefully controlled which ensures a good seal without damaging the surfaces of the flanges
- RTJ gaskets can withstand aggressive chemicals and temperatures up to 1,000°C (1,832°F) with properly selected metal
- All gaskets have a thin protective coating to eliminate oxidation effects due to atmospheric contact