The Durtec® gasket is designed to withstand high temperatures and pressures, to be blowout resistant, to be fire safe, and to resist toxic and/or corrosive chemicals. The design of the Durtec® gasket also makes it an excellent choice for tough to seal cyclical pressure and temperature applications. Durlon® Durtec® gaskets have a much lower leakage rate as compared with spiral wound type gaskets under conditions of the same loading stresses. They provide excellent sealing performance and safety after installation and are an excellent choice to replace spiral wound gaskets.
These gaskets are made with a specially engineered corrugated metal core that is bonded on both sides with soft covering layers, typically oxygen-inhibited flexible graphite. The core is produced by proprietary technology that allows the finished gasket to have the best possible mechanical support function. Corrugations in the Durtec® core are virtually uncrushable unlike conventional corrugated metal core gaskets. The precision construction guarantees that Durlon® Durtec® gaskets will have excellent sealing characteristics even under low bolt loads.
The Durtec® Advantage
- Fire Safe- SS316L/Graphite Passed Modified API 607 fire test
- Blowout Resistant- Metal core provides excellent resistance to internal pressure spikes
- Reusable – On larger sizes and for special configurations, the core may be refaced with new material and reused providing lower cost of ownership
- Superior Core Technology- Durtec® design can allow for complete replacement of spiral wound and kammprofile gaskets with improved performance and lower life cycle cost
- Easy and safe to handle, easy to install
- Seals tightly with lower bolt loads vs. spiral wounds and kammprofiles
Typical Physical Properties:
Max, in air
Max, in steam
|Pressure, max, bar (psi)||320 (4,600)|
|pH range, room temp||0-14|
Gb, psi (MPa)
Gs, psi (MPa)