Durlon® CFG is a corrugated, flexible graphite gasket material designed for severe service conditions. The proprietary design of the corrugations gives CFG superior sealing and recovery characteristics for tough conditions in the refining, chemical, petrochemical and pulp and paper industries. Durlon® CFG is suitable for service in steam, oil, water, mild alkalis, mild acids, hydrocarbons and solvents.
Durlon® CFG consists of flexible graphite laminated both sides to a corrugated stainless 316 core.
One Standard Thickness for all applications: 3/32″ (2.38mm)
Corrugated Core Material: 24 ga (0.0239″, 0.6mm), 316 stainless steel
Standard ANSI Class 150 & 300 ring gaskets: 1/2″ – 24″
Other Styles on Special Order including:
- Full Face
- Non Standard Sizes 26″/96″
- MSS SP-44
- API 605
- Heat Exchanger
- Different Metallurgies
- Passed a modified API 607 fire test at Southwest Research Institute.
- Metal core counteracts internal pressure spikes.
- Excellent recovery in thermal cycling and severe vibration services.
- Stable leakage control with minimal force.
Superior Emissions Control:
- DIN 3535 gas permeability/leakage: <0.01 cc/min
Seals Imperfect Flanges:
- Flexible graphite fills small voids
No Inward Buckling:
- Corrugations force the flexible graphite up to the sealing surface
- No expensive inner rings required
Seats on a Variety of Surface Finishes:
- 60 to 750 RMS
Easy & Safe to Handle, Install and Remove:
- Will not cut
- Large gaskets easily install, will not collapse, fold or unwind
- When replacing, cleaning flange serrations is unnecessary
One Thickness for All Applications:
- Reduces gasket inventory
- Standardize installation procedures
Max, in air
Max, in steam
|Pressure, max-bar (psi)||207 (3,000)|
|pH range, room temp||0-14|
Gb, psi (MPa)
Gs, psi (MPa)